Changes to Kippa-Ring Shopping Centre in accordance with Queensland Government mandates – 27 August 2021
The Queensland Government has announced the further easing of restrictions in South East Queensland from 4pm Friday 27 August. However, the Government has confirmed that masks are still required to be worn in all indoor settings. This includes during your visit to Kippa-Ring Shopping Centre, or where social distancing isn’t possible.
This means that anyone visiting Kippa-Ring Shopping Centre will be required to wear a mask at all times, unless one of the following exemptions applies:
- Medical reasons
- Under the age of 12
- Practical reasons e.g., eating or drinking
- Any other circumstances where it’s not safe to wear a mask.
We ask that our community remains respectful to others as reasons for not wearing a mask are not always obvious.
To help keep our entire community safe, please be sure to bring an appropriate face mask with you the next time you visit Kippa-Ring Shopping Centre.
Keeping you safe at Kippa-ring Shopping Centre
Our community’s health and wellbeing is our overriding priority and we continue to maintain a range of measures to help keep you safe when you visit Kippa-ring Shopping Centre. These include:
- Strengthening our already stringent cleaning processes, including a heightened focus on sanitising high-touch points with high-grade disinfectant, as well as increasing the number of cleaning rotations each day.
- Placement of hand sanitiser stations at key locations throughout the centre, including our main centre entrances for our entire community to access.
- Installation of signage across our Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, as well as the placement of Australian Government-issued information posters in our bathrooms which outline crucial information on how you can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
How you can help
While visiting Kippa-ring Shopping Centre, we ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
- Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Exemplary personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience.
- Handling illness safely – cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and, most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
- Adhere to capacity guidelines – Please adhere to maximum capacity numbers which are outlined at the entrance to selected retailers.
- Acting with kindness – we ask for your support in ensuring Kippa-ring Shopping Centre continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
- Using the QLD Check In App– We encourage you to check in at Kippa-ring Shopping Centre, as well as any retailers you visit, next time you are at the Centre by using the Check In QLD app to scan the QR codes available to you.
- Plan your visit – due to restricted numbers in our restaurants and beauty salons please ensure you contact individual retailers to book your visit.
To keep up to date with the latest announcements regarding COVID-19, including case locations, we encourage you to visit the Queensland Health website at https://www.health.qld.gov.au/ or www.covid19.qld.gov.au
With all that said, we remain open for business and sincerely look forward to seeing you at Kippa-ring Shopping Centre.