We know that 2020 has been a challenging year for many of us. While this year we face a different Christmas to the one we’re all used to, please be assured that our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our customers, staff and retailers remains our steadfast priority.
Keeping you safe at Kippa-ring Shopping Centre this Christmas
In line with this commitment, we continue to maintain a range of precautionary measures to help keep our community safe this Christmas. These include:
- A strengthened focus on disinfecting commonly touched areas
- Positioning of hand sanitiser stations at key points throughout the Centre
- Installation of signage and floor decals across parts of the Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times
In addition to these longstanding measures, this Christmas we’re also introducing some new safety initiatives. These include Social Distancing Ambassadors located throughout the Centre, to ensure our community is adhering to social distancing directives, and extended pre-Christmas trading hours, giving you longer to shop.
How you can help
We’ll be doing all we can to keep our community safe this Christmas, but we also need your help. We ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
- Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others
- Maintain personal hygiene by regularly washing your hands and using the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience
- Handle illness safely by coughing into your elbow or a tissue, and most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
Plan your visit this Christmas
To help you stay safe this Christmas, we strongly encourage you to plan your trip in advance and not linger unnecessarily in the Centre:
- Avoid visiting the Centre at peak times such as during the middle of the day from Thursday through to Sunday.
- Check store trading hours and individual conditions of entry in advance
We thank you for your patience and cooperation as we navigate this festive season together, and look forward to seeing you at Kippa-ring Shopping Centre soon.
It goes without saying that our community’s health and wellbeing comes first. We continue to uphold a robust range of exemplary hygiene and safety measures, and among others, these include:
- Strengthened cleaning processes and an increase in the number of daily cleaning rotations to focus on regularly disinfecting high-touch point areas.
- Implementing the Federal Government’s Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection for COVID-19 Principles in all our cleaning processes.
- A heightened focus on social distancing, including the installation of signage throughout the Centre reminding our community to socially distance by keeping 1.5 metres between themselves and others.
- Our security team’s close work with local police to help enforce our community’s adherence to social distancing while in-Centre.
- Positioning of permanent hand sanitiser stations throughout the Centre.
- Roll out of a public hygiene advertisement campaign to provide customers with clear health recommendations in line with government directives.
- Adjusting air-conditioning systems so that the maximum amount of fresh air is circulated throughout the centre.
- Close work with our retail partners to ensure they are also adhering to social distancing directives, managing crowds and queues in accordance with directives set by the relevant governing authorities, and regularly disinfecting their tenancies.
You can count on us to do everything we can to help keep our environment and our community safe.
We are closely monitoring advice from the Queensland Government and are prepared to be able to respond, as necessary, as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
While we are doing all we can to help protect the health of our community, we ask you to continue to play your part to keep our community safe. This means:
- Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Exemplary personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience.
- Handling illness safely – cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and, most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
We continue to work in close collaboration with our retailers to ensure that we are all doing our part to keep our shared environments clean and safe, while keeping our team members up to date with new information and advice from the relevant authorities.
Keeping you safe as we navigate coronavirus together
Things to remember when considering a visit to Kippa-Ring Shopping Centre
Considering a visit to Kippa-Ring Shopping Centre? Before you visit, we have put together a list of things you should consider, to ensure a safe and pleasant shopping experience. We all have a role to play in keeping our community safe and healthy.
BEFORE YOU RETURN TO KIPPA-RING SHOPPING CENTRE
PLAN YOUR VISIT
Before arriving please review the list of open retailers and individual conditions of entry located above. As restrictions have impacted all of our retailers in different ways, you may find it may take a little longer for some of your favourite stores to return to business as usual.
PLEASE WASH AND SANITISE YOUR HANDS
We are committed to maintaining exemplary hygiene measures at Kippa-Ring Shopping Centre. For your convenience, we have provided easy access to hand sanitisation stations throughout the Centre.
We ask that upon arrival to please sanitise your hands – even if you have only recently done so and continue to do so regularly whilst in centre.
We also ask that you continue to adhere to the 20 second advice when washing your hands before eating, after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose, or after using bathroom amenities.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR DISTANCE
Practise social distancing while visiting us in-Centre. We ask that you please take care to maintain an appropriate distance from those that are not in your immediate party. Read more.
A minimum of 1.5m distance between persons should always be maintained. We have implemented signage in certain areas throughout the Centre to assist and guide you when you are required to queue.
All retailers will have on display at their entry or in their shop window, the maximum quantity of people allowed in store at any given time. We ask for your own safety, as well as the safety of other shoppers and our staff that you acknowledge and respect this number. This may mean that you may need to queue at an appropriate social distance before entering your favourite store.
PLEASE USE PROPER COUGHING ETIQUETTE
If you are not feeling well, it is recommended for your own health, as well as the health of our community – that you stay home.
In the event that you are well and still find yourself needing to cough or sneeze when you visit, please use the inside of your elbow, handkerchief or tissue.
If using a tissue, please ensure it is disposed of appropriately and as soon as possible.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE KIND
We are all experiencing and coping with significant changes following the outbreak of COVID 19. For some of our stores, this may have resulted in restricted access to stock, limited trading hours or reduced services.
We are all trying our best to return to business as usual in these trying times. Please be mindful while in centre to be courteous, and kind to centre staff and other guests.
If you would like further information about what you can do to help stop the spread, please visit: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others-from-coronavirus-covid-19
Coronavirus and store updates
|Woolworths||Monday – Saturday 7am to 9pm|
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
|Nextra Newsagency||Monday to Wednesday – 9am to 5pm|
Thursday – 9am to 7:30pm
Friday – 9am to 5pm
Saturday 9am to 4pm
Sunday 10am to 2pm
|Priceline||Monday – Friday 8:30am to 6:30pm|
Saturday – 8:30am to 5pm
Sunday – 9am to 4pm
We will continue to provide updates on store changes in real time.
As part of the Queensland Government’s recovery roadmap, from midday on Friday July 3 our customers will be able to:
Dine in at our Centre
Our communal seating areas such as those located in the common mall area are re-open. Social distancing directives apply to these areas, including the 4 sqm per person rule. For your convenience, we have erected signage throughout these areas. We have also positioned hand sanitising stations throughout the centre and ask you to please utilise these services upon entry.
Our restaurants and cafes continue to offer takeaway, pick-up and home delivery options. Further information on delivery and takeaway options is available here.
A number of our operators are offering online ordering so that you can maintain a safe social distance from other patrons.